Inspiration and Support for Working with Young Children
The Pinch Hitter: She had always loved baseball. Somehow miraculously she was hired onto the team! Sitting in the dugout, she was so inspired and amazed to find herself there! Then all of a sudden, the batter was injured and she was called up. It was then that she realized she really didn’t know how to swing a bat and was unsure of the basic rules of the game. She was being initiated into the world of “pinch hitter” and really understood that feeling of being in a pinch!
Congratulations! You have been hired to work in the Waldorf or LifeWays early childhood program that you have admired for some time. Perhaps you are a new assistant or extended care provider, a new co-teacher or regular substitute. Yet you have no training or background in the work. Or perhaps you have been out of the field for awhile and could use a refresher. We want to help you find the ground beneath your feet so that you can grow in confidence.
It may be a little while before you can enroll in a regular training program. If so, this Early Childhood Fundamentals course is for you. Your teachers, both on-site and online, are long-time early childhood teachers in Waldorf and/or LifeWays programs. We look forward to offering you support and inspiration. If you decide to enroll in the full LifeWays Early Childhood Certification Training, your ENTIRE TUITION PAID FOR THIS EARLY CHILDHOOD FUNDAMENTALS COURSE WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR LIFEWAYS CERTIFICATION TRAINING TUITION!
Components of LifeWays Early Childhood Fundamentals include:
- Feet on the Ground – We’ll start off with a five-day in-person retreat to fill your toolkit with basics of care and education.
- Fire in the Belly – On retreat, you’ll enjoy delicious organic food
- Heart in Hands – You’ll also learn simple and meaningful handwork projects
- Head in the Clouds – Your retreat will be followed up with thirty-five (35) hours of online, mentor-supported content and discussion. This will include content from LifeWays’ “Discipline with Loving Awareness” and “The Living Arts – Cornerstones of Care”, along with five scheduled video conference sessions throughout the school year for Q & A on specific topics. (This online content plus five consulting sessions add up to a $500 value alone!)
All the in-person workshops will take place in July-August 2020. You’ll have a choice of several locations. Below are the locations, dates and contact info for your local host:
- Tucson, AZ July 27-31, 2020 Contact Tiffany Manoukian
- Boulder, CO August 10-14, 2020 Contact Rachel Solt
Students from both retreats will then join in the online course, which will go for the entire 2020-2021 school year (1 hour per week).
Price: $1200 for the entire year-long course (includes snacks, meals and all supplies for the five day retreat, mentoring and online instruction).
REGISTER NOW! Fill out required entries and select your location below. Reserve your place with a nonrefundable deposit of $100 (you will also need to complete and mail Contract and a Payment Plan). Or, if you prefer, you may print and mail in your Registration Form, Contract and Payment Plan.