Location: Novato, CA
Director: Marianne Alsop 415-419-6383
Due to concerns about the Covid 19 virus and gathering in large groups, our 2021 Training will now start in February 2021 instead of August 2020.
The LifeWays San Francisco Bay Area Training is an eleven month long course, meeting two Saturday’s a month. Our rhythmical schedule allows you to work and parent throughout the week and attend enlivening and enriching classes on alternate Saturdays starting in late February and ending in early December, no classes in July!
Applications are now being accepted and the class size will be limited. This is our 12th year of the LifeWays Training in the Bay Area. Scholarships and financial aid are available.
For full information about this Training contact Marianne Alsop
Completing the LifeWays Training can open NEW Opportunities for you:
• Childcare providers in homes and centers • Early childhood assistants, teachers and nannies • Parents and grandparents • Parent-child teachers • Early Childhood Aftercare teachers • Homeschool parents. Become the parent or early childhood professional you long to be.
LifeWays students learn from master teachers in 200+ in-class hours over a year’s time. Additionally, mentor-supported independent study enriches learning between sessions. The LifeWays curriculum is divided into four categories:
- Human Growth and Development – based on the insights of Rudolf Steiner and others
- Child, Family and Community – home health care practices, unique and beautiful handwork, gardening and meal planning, meaningful celebrations and festivals, self-care and more
- Program Curriculum – deepening your classroom and in-home practices (artistic and practical, nature and nurture); fundamentals of establishing child care, parent-child, after-school and daily homeschool rhythms; and more
- Living Arts – learn the Living Arts as developed by LifeWays and the keys to joyful, purposeful living through Practical Activity, Nurturing Care, Creative Exploration and Social Awareness
LifeWays students graduate with a renewed sense of joie de vivre in their daily lives. Strengthened by an amazing view of the developing human being, a lifted experience of personal growth, guidance in establishing successful programs and a sense of being grounded in the practical, artistic and nurturing skills, they tell us over and over again that this training was a life-changing experience for them.
“Today, as we went from painting to snack to working in the garden, I felt so grateful to have had my Lifeways training so I can support my child during these uncertain times. I’m so grateful for this network and the love and care we show for each other.” Amy Jo, LifeWays 2013-14
Core Teaching Staff:
Cynthia Aldinger is founder and Executive Director of LifeWays North America; author of Life is the Curriculum and Home Away from Home: LifeWays Care of Children and Families.
Christine Margetic has taught for many years in the LifeWays San Francisco Bay Training. She has taught in Waldorf early childhood programs since 2004. She is particularly interested in supporting families with young children.
Teresa Walker has a LifeWays home farm program, is a LifeWays graduate and homeschooling mom of two children. Teresa will join us as a teacher and Lead Student Liaison.
Stacy Connell Ito is the mother of 3 daughters, a LifeWays graduate and teacher and has many years of experience working in early childhood. She will be one of our Lead Student Liasons.
The SF Bay Area LifeWays Training meets in the North San Francisco Bay at Hummingbirds Collaborative School in Novato, Marin County, CA, two Saturday sessions a month over eleven months, all day Saturday, 8am to 5pm. In addition, there are three long- weekend retreats: Friday noon to Sunday noon, for cooking, gardening, outdoor observation, circle games, wet felting, puppetry, storytelling and more.
Housing and Childcare: While LifeWays does not directly provide housing or childcare, we are happy to provide applicants with contact information for local resources.
Meals: Snacks and daily organic hot lunches are included in tuition. Students provide their own breakfast and dinner
Your journey toward joy-filled and purpose-full living begins in February 2021, won’t you join us in the SF Bay Area?
Contact the Student Services Director to learn about the application process.