Join Rahima’s new five-week online course for childcare providers and early childhood teachers
Starting October 3, 2018 for five Wednesdays
BONUS: Register now and receive a link to the video of Rahima’s workshop “Family Matters: Homemaking 101 for Busy Parents” to share with your families.
LIVE CONFERENCE CALL and CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS: The course includes a live video conference call with Rahima in the last week and a certificate for 15 hours of continuing education.
A new, creative and practical exploration of ways to bring more home-like elements into early childhood programs in all settings – centers, schools and homes.
Whether you’re seasoned in the LifeWays approach or new to incorporating these elements into your program, this course is for you!
- Rahima will guide you in looking at your program on four different levels–the physical, rhythmical, relational/emotional and spiritual/values levels.
- Be inspired by hundreds of ways other providers have made their programs more home-like.
- Create a plan to bring one or more new elements into your own program.
Rahima has developed five multi-media lessons specially designed to affirm and inspire your interest in bringing more home-like elements into your program.
- Receive a new lesson each Wednesday utilizing video, new written material, links to related reading, and suggestions for further resources.
- Learn from Rahima’s experience and photos from Rainbow Bridge and a wealth of other LifeWays and related programs.
- Join the live online discussion with other active early childhood providers from all over the world.
- Join a live video call with Rahima during the last week of the course (also recorded for those who can’t attend).
- Enjoy the video recording of Rahima’s lively workshop, “Family Matters: Homemaking 101 for Busy Parents” and share it with parents in your program.
- Certificate for 15 hours of continuing education available upon completion.
Among the topics we’ll cover:
- The importance of elements of home throughout the lifespan
- Physical Aspects: What makes a program “home like” and ways to incorporate more elements into your work with children, both indoors and outside.
- Rhythmical Aspects: The things you actually do with the children and ways to make these activities more home-like, including snacks and lunches, nap or rest time and activities of bodily care. Ways to “tweak” your rhythms by looking at underlying principles.
- Emotional/Relational Aspects: The emotional “tone” of your program and the qualities of relationships—with yourself, the children, colleagues, visitors and parents.
- Spiritual Aspects: The highest level of intention, focusing on values that underlie your program and that inform the children’s experience as life together unfolds. We’ll include media and gun play, dolls and dump trucks, honoring diversity, using teaching stories and developing reverence, gratitude and joy.
Rahima Baldwin Dancy is internationally known as a midwife and the author of You Are Your Child’s First Teacher. She was a Waldorf kindergarten teacher and had an in-home program in the 1980s, and then from 2008-2012 she and her daughter, Faith Collins, ran Rainbow Bridge LifeWays Program for children ages 1-5 years. Rahima was a founding board member of LifeWays North America, where she worked as Training Coordinator and later as Outreach Director.
Cost $150. Register online and pay by credit card or through Paypal below. After we receive your registration and payment, you will be sent the link to the course and the free video, “Family Matters: Homemaking 101 for Busy Parents.”
Refund Policy: Fees are nonrefundable after the start of the course, but will be refunded at 50% if requested at least one week prior to the start of the course.