Location: Westport, CT
Director: Contact Person - Eileen Foley
April 22-28, 2019
June 15-21, 2019
October 7-13, 2019
March 8-14, 2020
LifeWays Early Childhood Certification Trainings are offered throughout North America.
It is with GREAT JOY that we announce that a new session will begin in Westport, CT in April 2019!
Completing the LifeWays Training can open NEW Opportunities for you:
• Childcare providers in homes and centers • Early childhood assistants, teachers and nannies • Parents and grandparents • Parent-child teachers • Early Childhood Aftercare teachers • Homeschool parents. Become the parent or early childhood professional you long to be.
LifeWays students learn from master teachers in 200+ in-class hours over a year’s time. Additionally, mentor-supported independent study enriches learning between sessions. The LifeWays curriculum is divided into four categories:
- Human Growth and Development – based on the insights of Rudolf Steiner and others
- Child, Family and Community – home health care practices, unique and beautiful handwork, gardening and meal planning, meaningful celebrations and festivals, self-care and more
- Program Curriculum – deepening your classroom and in-home practices (artistic and practical, nature and nurture); fundamentals of establishing child care, parent-child, after-school and daily homeschool rhythms; and more
- Living Arts – learn the Living Arts as developed by LifeWays and the keys to joyful, purposeful living through Practical Activity, Nurturing Care, Creative Exploration and Social Awareness
LifeWays students graduate with a renewed sense of joie de vivre in their daily lives. Strengthened by an amazing view of the developing human being, a lifted experience of personal growth, guidance in establishing successful programs and a sense of being grounded in the practical, artistic and nurturing skills, they tell us over and over again that this training was a life-changing experience for them.
The journey through the training was incredible and life-changing. I can’t believe how much I’ve learned this past year, but this made me realize how much more I can learn if I choose to (which I do!) I loved our ceremony and the sense of accomplishment it brought. What I loved most though, was meeting each of you wonderful people and working with you to create something beautiful and meaningful. Rhoda Kambandu
Core Teaching Staff:
Sharifa Oppenheimer, a longtime Waldorf Early Childhood Teacher and the author of the bestselling book Heaven on Earth: A Handbook for Parents of Young Children. Sharifa was the founding teacher of the Charlottesville Waldorf School in Virginia where she taught kindergarten for 21 years.
Mary O’Connell, Training Coordinator for LifeWays North America; co-author of Home Away from Home: LifeWays Care of Children and Families; founder of LifeWays Early Childhood Center in Milwaukee, WI
Eileen Foley writes and publishes Waldorf-inspired childhood curriculum and courses through her blog and website, Little Acorn Learning. She is sharing the role of Student Services Director for the New England LifeWays training, helping students through the registration process.
If you’ve been looking for a retreat getaway to take your LifeWays training, this is it! Just a two hour train ride from New York City and Providence, and three hours from Boston, this beautiful old home near the beach in Westport, CT is an ideal site to immerse yourself in your coursework, form deep connections with your teachers and other students, and still have plenty of space to enjoy solitary reflection.
Housing: There is ample housing right on-site at this training location! A beautiful old manor, a short walk from the beach on Long Island Sound, this home even has a swimming pool for you to enjoy during your down time. Contact our host, Vicky at (203) 232-5450, to inquire about staying on-site for a very reasonable rate for LifeWays students!
Meals: Snacks and daily organic hot lunches are included in tuition. Students provide their own breakfast and dinner
Your journey toward joy-filled and purpose-full living begins in April 2019, won’t you join us in Westport?
Contact the Student Services Director to learn about the application process.