Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Director: Kyle Schaller, Student Services
August 2-10, 2019 (August 2 evening only)
October 18-21, 2019
March 7-14, 2020
May 30-June 6, 2020
Location: Jacksonville Beach, Florida
LifeWays Early Childhood Certification Trainings are offered throughout North America.
It is with GREAT JOY that we announce that a new session will begin in Jacksonville Beach, FL in August 2019!
Completing the LifeWays Training can open NEW Opportunities for you:
• Childcare providers in homes and centers • Early childhood assistants, teachers and nannies • Parents and grandparents • Parent-child teachers • Early Childhood Aftercare teachers • Homeschool parents. Become the parent or early childhood professional you long to be.
LifeWays students learn from master teachers in 200+ in-class hours over a year’s time. Additionally, mentor-supported independent study enriches learning between sessions. The LifeWays curriculum is divided into four categories:
- Human Growth and Development – based on the insights of Rudolf Steiner and others
- Child, Family and Community – home health care practices, unique and beautiful handwork, gardening and meal planning, meaningful celebrations and festivals, self-care and more
- Program Curriculum – deepening your classroom and in-home practices (artistic and practical, nature and nurture); fundamentals of establishing child care, parent-child, after-school and daily homeschool rhythms; and more
- Living Arts – learn the Living Arts as developed by LifeWays and the keys to joyful, purposeful living through Practical Activity, Nurturing Care, Creative Exploration and Social Awareness
LifeWays students graduate with a renewed sense of joie de vivre in their daily lives. Strengthened by an amazing view of the developing human being, a lifted experience of personal growth, guidance in establishing successful programs and a sense of being grounded in the practical, artistic and nurturing skills, they tell us over and over again that this training was a life-changing experience for them.
The journey through the training was incredible and life-changing. I can’t believe how much I’ve learned this past year, but this made me realize how much more I can learn if I choose to (which I do!) I loved our ceremony and the sense of accomplishment it brought. What I loved most though, was meeting each of you wonderful people and working with you to create something beautiful and meaningful. Rhoda Kambandu
Core Teaching Staff:
Sharifa Oppenheimer is a longtime Waldorf Early Childhood Teacher and the author of the bestselling book Heaven on Earth: A Handbook for Parents of Young Children. Sharifa was the founding teacher of the Charlottesville Waldorf School in Virginia where she taught kindergarten for 21 years.
Mary O’Connell Training Coordinator for LifeWays North America; co-author of Home Away from Home: LifeWays Care of Children and Families; founder of LifeWays Early Childhood Center in Milwaukee, WI;
Rena Osmer, founding teacher Sea Star Waldorf School in Boca Raton, Florida, former Director of Waldorf Early Childhood Teacher Training at Rudolf Steiner College, long-time Waldorf EC educator and former Board member Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America.
Kyle Schaller, Student Services, was first introduced to LifeWays by the Playgarden by the Sea in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. She enjoys hiking, biking, cooking and spending time at the beach with her family. Kyle’s previous experience includes working with the Florida House of Representatives.
Join us in sunny Florida! Jacksonville Beach is the home to The Playgarden by the Sea and Outside Kids, both LifeWays Representative programs. In this unique location, you’ll enjoy learning from experienced teachers and inspiring colleagues in the field, while walking on the beach during your lunch break! Jacksonville Beach is a choice vacation destination. Make a family holiday of your training time!
Housing and Childcare: While LifeWays does not directly provide housing or childcare, we are happy to provide applicants with contact information for local resources.
Meals: Snacks and daily organic hot lunches are included in tuition. Students provide their own breakfast and dinner
Your journey toward joy-filled and purpose-full living begins in August 2019, won’t you join us in Jacksonville Beach?
Contact the Student Services Director to learn about the application process.